- » Details - Real Live Boyfriends
- Best Historical Fiction
- Women Fic 2014
- Library Journal: September 1 2014 Starred Reviews
- Library Journal: August 2014 Starred Reviews
- Library Journal: July 2014 Starred Reviews
- Library Journal: June 15 2014 Starred Reviews
- Library Journal: June 1 2014 Starred Reviews
- Library Journal: May 15 2014 Starred Reviews
- Library Journal: May 1 2014 Starred Reviews
- Library Journal: April 15 2014 Starred Reviews
- See More Featured Lists
Real Live Boyfriends
Yes. Boyfriends, plural. If my life weren't complicated, I wouldn't be Ruby Oliver
By Lockhart, E.
Ruby Oliver, the neurotic, hyperverbal heroine of the The Boyfriend List, The Boy Book, and The Treasure Map of Boys, is back! Ruby Oliver is in love. Or it would be love, if Noel, her real live boyfriend, would call her back. But Noel seems to have turned into a pod-robot lobotomy patient, and Ruby canâ€™t figure out why.Not only is her romantic life a shambles:Her dad is eating nothing but Cheetos,Her motherâ€™s got a piglet head in the refrigerator,Hutch has gone to Paris to play baguette air guitar,Gideon shows up shirtless,And the pygmy goat Robespierre is no help whatsoever. Will Ruby ever control her panic attacks?Will she ever understand boys?Will she ever stop making lists?(No to that last one.) Roo has lost most of her friends. Sheâ€™s lost her true love, more than once. Sheâ€™s lost her grandmother, her job, her reputation, and possibly her mind. But sheâ€™s never lost her sense of humor. The Ruby Oliver books are the record of her survival.From the Hardcover edition.
Not Rated. Be the first to rate this product!